Home of the MIDAS@HOME Project!
What is MIDAS@HOME?
1. Create a Colorful Circus Program or Poster
Overview Create a colorful program or poster using appropriate images and essential information.
2. Write a Ringmaster’s Welcome Speech
Overview Create Ringmaster’s Welcome Speech: appropriate language and effective communication.
3. Make a Clown Costume
Overview Create colorful clown costume with a unique “character” that fits child personality and circus traditions.
4. Clown Face Painting
Overview Create a colorful clown face that displays a unique “character” that fits child personality and circus traditions.
5. Make a Rousing Circus Song
Overview Create or perform Circus Song in line with traditions that energize, engage and entertain audience.
6. Clown Tricks: Juggling & Balloon Twisting
Overview Two essential clown tricks are juggling and balloon twisting that match circus traditions. Delight your audience!
7. Dear Circus Owner: I should be in Your Circus!
Overview Write a letter describing why you are best person to hire for a specific circus job.
8. Congratulations: Welcome to Animal Care Team!
9. What Do We Need for a Family of Elephants?
Overview Investigate how much and what kind of food, water &care is needed for a family of elephants.
10. My Life as a Circus Elephant
Overview What are the good and bad things about having elephants in the circus? How to people think and feel about elephants as circus performers? Are elephants good for the circus business?
11. After My Circus Leaves Town . . .
Overview Describe your circus experience in writing or talk with someone. What did you do and how do you feel about those experiences? How are you feeling now? Happy, a little sad? What will you do next?